What We Do
FTI’s Health Solutions – Advisory team delivers strategic, analytical, financial, and operational expertise through teams who understand the complex and dynamic health care industry, and the regulatory environment in which our clients operate. We serve clients across the healthcare continuum, including hospitals and health systems, post-acute care providers, life sciences companies, payors and healthcare technology companies, as well as the law firms, banks, and private equity firms with whom they do business. We provide these clients with operational consulting and advisory services that are designed to help them optimize their performance and respond to strategic, operational, regulatory and financial challenges in an industry undergoing unprecedented change.
- Expert Analysis and Testimony: worked on behalf of a national retail pharmaceutical chain facing litigation from the government and private plaintiffs. Developed damages models, prepared expert reports and helped deconstruct the plaintiff’s theories.
- Compliance Program Assessment and Improvement: engaged by a large pharmaceutical wholesaler to help review contract compliance with commercial trading partners. Analyzed structured and unstructured data and developed scorecards and dashboards to quantify and track the lost EBITDA by not enforcing contractual terms.
- Private Equity Due Diligence: assist PE firms with the due diligence of potential acquisitions with a principal focus on the compliance program effectiveness and regulatory risk of target organizations.
- Managed Care Consulting: provide managed care organizations with operational and regulatory consulting to help enhance compliance with medical record documentation and patient monitoring. Assist our clients perform root cause analysis of reporting gaps and develop solutions to improve operational performance.
- Government Investigation: assisted our client respond to a government investigation that alleged the EHR technology utilized by its clients was not eligible for federal reimbursements as it did not adequately meet regulatory certification requirements.
What You Will Do
A Health Solutions – Advisory intern or consultant plays a dynamic role on client engagements, supporting the broader engagement team and the client on a day to day basis. Tasks can range from managing and analyzing structured data, to developing the models that help address our clients’ most pressing needs, to supporting the creation and delivery of our solutions. This is a “hands-on” and analytical role, with an expectation that you will learn through both formal training opportunities and on the job from colleagues on your project teams.
What We Offer You
Our multi-disciplinary team is comprised of consultants with expertise in data analytics, finance, accounting, economics, information technology and healthcare operations and regulations. Our interns and consultants will have the opportunity to collaborate with team members and make meaningful contributions to client engagements focused on managing change, mitigating risk, resolving disputes, executing transactions, and improving performance. The smaller makeup of our engagement teams offers exposure to senior management in the practice and opportunities to be involved in all aspects of project planning, execution and delivery. Our goal is to offer all interns and consultants a well-rounded experience working on a wide range of projects early in your career.
The Health Solutions – Advisory practice has core teams in Atlanta, Boston, Nashville, New York City, and Washington, DC.
At this time, we are recruiting for Traditional Internship, Consultant, Sr. Consultant (MBA) and MBA Internships. To view open positions click here and select the category that fits with where you are in your recruiting journey.