What We Do
Our actuaries provide services in support of property-casualty, life, and health clients. We provide clients with insightful analyses and solutions spanning several broad categories, including underwriting, reserving, claims, valuations, capital management, reporting, governance, and legal and regulatory compliance.
We communicate the results of complex analyses in simple, actionable terms. Our key focus areas include:
- Appointed Actuary, Statements of Actuarial Opinion
- Arbitration and Litigation Support, Expert Testimony
- Capital Modeling
- Captive and Alternative Market Advisory Services
- Dynamic Financial Assessments and Risk Analyses
- Implementation and Support of Actuarial and Modeling Tools
- Independent Compliance, Performance and Actuarial Audits
- Pricing and Ratemaking
- Reinsurance and Risk Management
- Reserve Estimation and Guidance
- Estimating Unpaid Claims Liability for Losses: For a company that purchased large-deductible commercial insurance policies, analyzed the company’s losses and loss adjustment expenses, and estimated the unpaid claims liabilities under the policy deductibles. Advised the company on its self-insurance program.
- Expert Testimony and Arbitration Support: Worked closely with counsel to identify the critical issues in an arbitration case involving a disputed reinsurance premium increase. Submitted an expert report after performing extensive review and research.
- Implementation and Support of Actuarial and Modeling Tools: Built predictive models to analyze customer churn and identify retention leads. Provided the client with data mining and analysis tools and supported the client’s revenue growth.
- Actuarial Services and Regulatory Support: Prepared advisory rate filings and the statement of actuarial opinion for the client. Supported the client in responding to questions from auditors and the insurance department.
What You Will Do
An Insurance Intern or consultant at the undergrad level plays an active role on a project team, supporting the wider engagement team and the client on a day to day basis. Tasks can range from preparing actuarial pricing and reserve analyses, to supporting projects by preparing written reports and presentations of results.
What We Offer You
Our interns and consultants play an important role throughout each of our projects, collaborating with team members on project design, performing research and analysis, and developing insights and conclusions. The smaller makeup of our teams offers exposure to executive-level stakeholders. In short, you will have the opportunity to experience and work on a wide range of projects early in your career.
The Insurance team is based within the Forensic Litigation Consulting practice which has offices in New York and Wayne, PA, and additional team members working remotely along the east coast.
At this time, we are recruiting for Traditional Internship, Consultant, Sr. Consultant (MBA) and MBA Internships. To view open positions click here and select the category that fits with where you are in your recruiting journey.