What We Do
FTI Consulting’s Dispute Advisory Practice is dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes through expertise-led advisory. Our professionals cut through complex situations to provide clarity and communicate concepts, opinions, and conclusions in a simple, understandable, and persuasive manner in high stakes litigation, arbitration, and other complex business disputes.
- Post-IPO Stock Price Decline: performed various market analyses for a tech Company whose stock price declined shortly after going public and was sued by a class of investors who alleged that the company’s registration statement at the time of the IPO was materially incorrect and incomplete.
- Insider Trading Allegations: evaluated whether a defendant improperly made use of material, non-public information.
- Intellectual Property Dispute: served as an expert in a patent infringement and trade secret misappropriation in the cybersecurity industry.
- Breach of Contract Dispute: provided expertise in a dispute over a joint venture agreement between social media companies as to what the value of the failed joint venture should have been but-for the breach.
- ICO/Cryptoasset Dispute: provided quantitative and qualitative analyses in support of legal analysis of whether a $1B+ ICO was an unregistered security offering.
What You Will Do
Interns and consultants will have an active role on our projects and will be expected to apply business, accounting, finance, and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines. This work will vary from day-to-day based on the type and stage of each project with assignments including conducting industry research, reviewing and analyzing financial statements and projections, assessing business plans, financial modeling, reviewing and understanding ratio and comparable company analysis, and ultimately creating work product that is flexible, understandable, and usable by others.
What We Offer You
Our interns and consultants play an important role throughout each of our projects, collaborating with team members on project design, performing research and analysis, and developing insights and conclusions. The smaller makeup of our engagement teams offers exposure to executive-level stakeholders, and you will not be tied to any one specific industry vertical or project type. In short, you will have the opportunity to experience and work on a wide range of projects early in your career.
The Dispute Advisory Practice is one of the core practices within FTI’s Forensic and Litigation Consulting segment with teams located across the United States, including in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, DC.
At this time, we are recruiting for Traditional Internship, Consultant, Sr. Consultant (MBA) and MBA Internships. To view open positions click here and select the category that fits with where you are in your recruiting journey.