What We Do
To improve clinical and operational effectiveness, the Health Solutions Operations team at FTI evaluates clinical care management, quality and outcomes and medical management to improve organizational performance through teamwork. FTI takes a comprehensive approach to addressing revenue shortfalls and expense overruns involving multiple dimensions of hospital operations delivering the tools, training, expertise and focused commitment to deliver sustainable change and positive outcomes. We provide these clients with operational consulting and advisory services that are designed to help them optimize their performance and respond to strategic, operational, regulatory and financial challenges in an industry undergoing unprecedented change.
- Labor Productivity: performed a comprehensive assessment for a hospital system’s labor efficiencies and premium pay practices along with a thorough review of how they compared to their peers
- Revenue Optimization: collaborated with a health system to improve patient access, denials management, patient financial services, revenue integrity and Epic optimization
- Provider Enterprise: conducted an assessment and implementation of a client’s physician and provider compensation plan and scheduling templates to improve patient access and medical group performance
- Quality and Clinical Delivery Optimization: performed a utilization, throughput and patient access assessment for a cancer center, which ultimately led to the development of a process change to provide a best practice blueprint for other satellite ambulatory care clinics
- Non-labor Expense Management: conducted an operational assessment, and was subsequently engaged to implement an improved procure to pay process that now captures a virtual card rebate
What You Will Do
A Health Solutions, Operations Intern or consultant at the undergrad level plays an active role on a project team, supporting the wider engagement team and the client on a day to day basis. Tasks can range from delivering / creating the analytics required to assess the clients’ current state, to supporting the creation and delivery of our solutions and plans to implement our recommendations. This is both a “hands-on” and analytical role, requiring up to 80% travel onsite side by side with our clients, wherever it may be.
What We Offer You
Our multi-disciplinary team is comprised of consultants with expertise in data analytics, finance, accounting, economics, information technology and healthcare operations and regulations. Our interns and consultants will have the opportunity to collaborate with team members and make meaningful contributions to client engagements focused on managing change, mitigating risk, resolving disputes, executing transactions, and improving performance. The smaller makeup of our engagement teams offers exposure to senior leaders in the practice and opportunities to be involved in all aspects of project planning, execution and delivery. Our goal is to offer all interns and consultants a well-rounded experience working on a wide range of projects early in your career.
The Health Solutions Operations teams has teams in Boston, Brentwood and Chicago.
How to apply
Video interview and in some rare cases it may be an on-campus interview (consists of both behavioral and case-based interview questions).*
Round 2: Super Day
- Typically, we host a team dinner the evening before to meet members of the team
- The interview day consists of 3-4 individual interviews (case based) and a possible larger team case study*
*Due to the current environment, to keep everyone safe and healthy, all interviews for fall 2020 will be conducted virtually.
At this time our Spring recruiting efforts have concluded. We will update this site with our available positions in August of 2021.