What We Do
FTI Consulting’s Forensic Accounting & Advisory Services Practice is dedicated to helping organizations with responding to allegations involving the propriety of accounting and financial reporting, fraud, regulatory scrutiny and anti-corruption inquiries. Our multidisciplinary experts address a variety of accounting and compliance issues; analyze and reconstruct corporate books, records and electronic information; and participate in fact-finding interviews.
- Ponzi Scheme Investigation: reconstructing books and records dating back several decades to determine the amounts deposited and withdrawn from thousands of investor accounts. Additionally, serving in a litigation support role as expert witnesses and assisting counsel with discovery, trial services and management of evidence. FTI also supported the court appointed trustee by identifying additional indications of fraud relevant to recovery initiatives being pursued.
- Accounting Restatement: provide support to the Company’s executives and accounting professionals to properly identify errors, provide corrections, and issue updated financial statements to maintain listing on stock exchanges.
- SEC Whistleblower investigations: work with outside counsel as accounting experts for an investigation where an employee whistleblower alleged malfeasance by management in financial disclosures; used analytical and accounting expertise to determine breadth and depth of the scheme.
What You Will Do
Interns and consultants will have an active role on our projects and will be expected to apply business, accounting, finance, and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines. This work will vary from day-to-day based on the type and stage of each project with assignments including applying accounting, financial, and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines, such as detailed reviews of financial statements and underlying accounting records, preparation of projections, assessing business plans, financial modeling, reviewing and understanding ratio and comparable company analysis, and ultimately creating work product that is flexible, understandable, and usable by others.
What We Offer You
Our interns and consultants play an important role throughout each of our projects, collaborating with team members on project design, performing research and analysis, and developing insights and conclusions. Our engagement teams vary in size but offer exposure to executive-level stakeholders, and you will not be tied to any one specific industry vertical or project type. In short, you will have the opportunity to experience and work on a wide range of projects early in your career.
The Forensic Accounting & Advisory Services Practice is one of the core practices within FTI’s Forensic and Litigation Consulting segment with teams located across the United States, including in Boston, Chicago, Houston, New York and Washington D.C.
How to apply
Video, telephone or on campus interview (consists of both behavioral and case-based interview questions).*
Round 2: Super Day
- Typically, we host a team dinner the evening before to meet members of the team
- The interview day consists of 3-4 individual interviews and a case study*
*Due to the current environment, to keep everyone safe and healthy, all interviews for fall 2020 will be conducted virtually.
At this time our Spring recruiting efforts have concluded. We will update this site with our available positions in August of 2021.