What We Do
The Forensic Investigations team at FTI Consulting is an internationally recognised leader in investigation services to the business and legal community.
We sit within FTI Consulting’s Forensic and Litigation Consulting segment, and work collaboratively with a range of teams including business intelligence, data analytics and computer forensics to undertake investigations involving corporate fraud, whistle-blowing, tracing of assets, and bribery and corruption allegations.
We work with law firms, banks, regulatory bodies and companies in the UK and around the world. We have particular expertise in working with internal and external counsel and boards of directors and senior managers in a wide range of industries.
The projects we work on require us to address issues which often have a critical impact on businesses.
We aim to answer questions such as:
- Who authorised the transaction?
- What was the chronology of events?
- When did the losses commence?
- Where did the monies or assets go?
- Why didn’t anyone spot the problem earlier?
- How does the company ensure it does not happen again?
What You Will Do
As a Consultant in the Forensic Investigations team, you will be exposed to a broad range of forensic and investigative work from day one, while at the same time studying for your Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
The kind of work you do will be project-specific, but will often fall under one of the following:
- Conducting investigative research into companies and individuals, either in preparation for or as part of project work
- Performing high-level and detailed analysis of an entity’s financial records
- Reviewing an entity’s internal and external communications to identify patterns and corroborate financial findings
- Summarising your findings for team members orally or in the form of memoranda, presentations or reports
- Attending project meetings with clients and their internal and external legal advisers
- Assisting with investigative interviews.
What We Offer You
You will have the opportunity to apply your skills and intelligence to real-world financial and business issues which will help develop you into an industry-expert consultant. You will collaborate with team members on project design, perform research and develop insights and conclusions.
We can also offer you:
- Support through your Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification as part of a three-year training contract
- Access to our comprehensive in-house learning and development programme
- The chance to be part of interesting and stimulating projects that will develop your technical and professional capabilities, including secondments to our clients
- The opportunity to work on assignments abroad or in collaboration with other members of our global team
- A well-defined career path with regular appraisals and professional guidance
How to apply
Round 1 – Online Application
Round 2 – Online Assessment
Round 3 – Assessment Centre/Interviews
- Candidates will have the ability to identify key issues, think creatively and to work as part of a team
- Excellent academic qualifications (at least an upper second-class degree and a minimum of 360 UCAS points);
- Good numeracy and analytical skills;
- An eye for detail and an inquisitive nature, coupled with a clear belief in honesty and integrity; and
- Language skills are preferred, especially Italian, Arabic or Eastern European languages.
At this time our Spring recruiting efforts have concluded. We will update this site with our available positions in August of 2021.
|Consultant – Forensic Investigations, Forensic and Litigation Consulting||London||Apply|