What We Do
The Transactions team is focused on providing insights for its clients during periods of transition leading up to, during or subsequent to a merger or acquisition. By analyzing and understanding financial and operational data of our clients and acquisition targets, we provide carve-out assistance, acquisition due diligence, transaction support, post-acquisition integration, and assistance with synergy realization. By producing high quality work, we allow our clients to make informed decisions when investing their capital. Our group advises clients on a full spectrum of financial challenges faced by companies, boards, private equity sponsors, and other stakeholders within all industries and markets across the globe.
- Quality of Earnings & Net Working Capital analysis: provided client with analysis on earnings of target company across multiple products and global locations to corroborate management’s reporting and the client’s investment model.
- Revenue analysis: evaluated the stability and health of the target’s various revenue streams and growth projections of a leading provider in remote health technology in preparation to be taken public.
- HR example: evaluate salary and benefit packages across merging entities to align post-acquisition benefit offerings; assist with cost savings initiatives across the spectrum of compensation and benefits.
- MICO example: evaluate stand-alone business functions for a carve-out acquisition from a parent company; serve as project management leader for the integration of functional areas post-acquisition.
- Tax due diligence: red flag analysis of target company’s historical tax structure; analyze and produced recommend strategies for harvesting NOLs and other tax synergies between merging companies.
What You Will Do
A Transaction Intern or consultant at the undergrad or MBA level plays a dynamic role on a project team, supporting the wider engagement team and the client on a day to day basis. Tasks can range from delivering / creating the analytics that are needed to assess the clients’ current state, to supporting the creation and delivery of our solutions and plans to implement our recommendations. This is both a “hands-on” and analytical role, requiring travel to work onsite side by side with our clients, wherever it may be.
What We Offer You
Our interns and consultants play an important role throughout each of our projects, collaborating with team members on project design, performing research and analysis, and developing insights and conclusions. The smaller makeup of our engagement teams offers exposure to executive-level stakeholders, and you will not be tied to any one specific industry vertical or project type. In short, you will have the opportunity to and work on a wide range of projects early in your career.
The Transactions segment has teams across the country in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, New York City, and San Francisco.
How to apply
Video interview and or on-campus interview (consists of both behavioral and case-based interview questions).*
Round 2: Super Day
- Typically, we host a team dinner the evening before to meet members of the team
- The interview day consists of 3-4 individual interviews (case based) and a possible larger team case study*
*Due to the current environment, to keep everyone safe and healthy, all interviews for fall 2020 will be conducted virtually.
At this time our Spring recruiting efforts have concluded. We will update this site with our available positions in August of 2021.