What We Do
The Telecom Media & Technology (“TMT”) practice is a team of industry and subject matter experts who work with companies and key stakeholders to address their strategic, operational, financial and capital needs as they navigate disruptive or transformative change. Our clients include many of the Fortune 500 TMT companies that you interact with on a day-to-day basis, as well as emerging high-growth companies and some of the largest global private equity and venture capital funds who invest in them. We work with these clients to design and execute strategic changes as they face a broad spectrum of events and circumstances ranging from financial distress and operational turnarounds to transformational growth and high-stakes transactions.
- Restructuring and Turnaround: advised on the restructuring of an $8B telecommunications and data networking company, working with them to manage liquidity, establish cost reduction targets and advise on the plan of reorganization
- Growth and Transformation: partnered with the Google News Initiative to lead a year-long accelerator program for news publishers to provide tools and best practices for growing digital subscription businesses
- Transactions: supported the merger integration efforts of $1.7B combined media company, assessing synergy opportunities and helping to negotiate transaction services agreements
What You Will Do
As a Consultant in the TMT practice, you will work within project teams to analyze problems, develop recommendations, and implement strategic solutions to assist clients with their most critical business challenges. You will apply problem solving and critical thinking skills, and a wide range of analytical tools including financial statement analysis and projections, operational benchmarking, market modeling, big data analysis, and many more. As critical members of our engagement team, Consultants will work collaboratively with other team members and clients to deliver solutions and implement recommendations.
What We Offer You
As a TMT Consultant, you will have a unique opportunity to work on a broad range of client cases and be exposed to the myriad situations that management teams and boards of directors may encounter, from questions around strategic growth opportunities and new market entry, to financial restructuring and transactions. You will play an important role within our project and industry go-to-market teams, and our lean team structure will offer exposure to executive-level stakeholders.
To facilitate your professional development at FTI, you will be matched with a coach, an experienced TMT professional who can provide guidance and career support in your journey at FTI. Our consultants typically rotate between various types of projects over the first 2-3 years at FTI to gain a breadth of knowledge before being promoted to a Senior Consultant position.
The TMT practice sits within the Corporate Finance segment and has teams in New York City, Los Angeles, Denver, and McLean.
How to apply
Video interview and in some rare cases it may be an on-campus interview (consists of both behavioral and case-based interview questions).*
Round 2: Super Day
- Typically, we host a team dinner the evening before to meet members of the team
- The interview day consists of 3-4 individual interviews and a written assessment that focuses on financial and strategic skillsets*
*Due to the current environment, to keep everyone safe and healthy, all interviews for fall 2020 will be conducted virtually.
At this time our Spring recruiting efforts have concluded. We will update this site with our available positions in August of 2021.