What We Do
The Retail and Consumer Products team partners with clients to solve their most critical opportunities and challenges ranging from strategic growth to performance improvement. We help our clients target their investments in product and operations, improve their financial strength, and unforeseen events.
- Fast | Right Product: evaluated a retailer’s enterprise pricing strategy, capabilities for disciplined price management, and market factors influencing pricing
- Efficient Operations: assisted haircare company in assessing the profitability of its business operations across all functions (Operations, Supply Chain, Merchandising, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, etc.) and identifying cost reduction opportunities to improve EBITDA
- Financial Strength: evaluated business segment profitability across full P&L and analyzed the impact of value chain investments into consumers, sales force, and distributors on top-line growth and ROI
- Event Support: created a turnaround business plan and served as CRO with total authority to implement the business plan and control production
What You Will Do
As a member of the Retail and Consumer Products team you will play an important role on the project team by supporting the day to day activities. Through this role you will conduct complex problem-solving and research to drive critical insights, create analytical tools to support key decision-making, and produce presentation materials for clients in order to impact strategy and maximize value. This is both a “hands-on” and analytical role, requiring travel to work onsite side by side with our clients, wherever it may be.
What We Offer You
Our industry focus means you will gain a deeper comprehension of how retail and consumer products companies work, how they make money, where they lose it, and how to balance profits against consumer expectations and competitive intensity. The makeup of our engagement teams offers direct partnership with senior management, exposure to executive-level stakeholders, and direct visibility into the decision-making process. You will have the opportunity to experience and work on a wide range of projects early in your career.
The Retail and Consumer Products team is based within the Corporate Finance practice and has teams in New York City and Chicago.
How to apply
Video interview or on-campus interview (consists of both behavioral and case-based interview questions).*
Round 2: Super Day
- Typically, we host a team dinner the evening before to meet members of the team
- The interview day consists of 3-4 one-on-one interviews (could consist of case & behavioral interview questions)*
*Due to the current environment, to keep everyone safe and healthy, all interviews for fall 2020 will be conducted virtually.
At this time our Spring recruiting efforts have concluded. We will update this site with our available positions in August of 2021.