What We Do
The Performance Improvement team is focused on working alongside its clients (both non-distressed and distressed) to drive revenue growth and optimize cost efficiencies and operations. Our group advises clients on a full spectrum of the operational challenges faced by companies, boards, private equity sponsors, and other stakeholders within all industries and markets across the globe.
- Business Model Review & Assessment: provided the Board of Directors with a business plan review of a fully owned venture startup and provided an operational and financial breakeven forecast for the new business.
- Supply Chain and Network Improvement: evaluated and recommended major changes to both the facility footprint and the rail, truckload, and less than truckload shipping strategy of a major beauty products supplier.
- Procurement: successfully renegotiated major purchasing, vendor, and supplier contracts for a rapidly growing ~$2B business.
- Operational Due Diligence: developed a report, scorecard, and opinion statement for a private equity client completing diligence on a potential acquisition target.
- Commercial Effectiveness (Sales Force): redesigned the Sales organization, strategy, and GTM approach (post-carveout), for the new standalone business of what had been a division of a much larger company.
What You Will Do
A Performance Improvement Intern or consultant at the undergrad or MBA level plays an active role on a project team, supporting the wider engagement team and the client on a day to day basis. Tasks can range from delivering / creating the analytics required to assess the clients’ current state, to supporting the creation and delivery of our solutions and plans to implement our recommendations. This is both a “hands-on” and analytical role, requiring heavy travel working onsite side by side with our clients, wherever it may be.
What We Offer You
Our interns and consultants play an important role throughout each of our projects, collaborating with team members on project design, performing research and analysis, and developing insights and conclusions. The smaller makeup of our engagement teams offers exposure to executive-level stakeholders, and you will not be tied to any one specific industry vertical or project type. In short, you will have the opportunity to experience and work on a wide range of projects early in your career.
The Performance Improvement team is based within the Corporate Finance practice and has teams in Atlanta, New York City, Chicago, and Houston.
How to apply
Round 2: Super Day
- Typically, we host a team dinner the evening before to meet members of the team
- The interview day consists of 3-4 individual interviews (case based) and a possible larger team case study*
*Due to the current environment, to keep everyone safe and healthy, all interviews for fall 2020 will be conducted virtually.
At this time our Spring recruiting efforts have concluded. We will update this site with our available positions in August of 2021.